lunes, 6 de febrero de 2012

Today I start my own RPG ... COROSYS

There is one thing I feel i need to do from years, create my own rpg game, an old style rpg on paper, with it's own character sheets, it's own rules, etc...

I thought about it some years ago, when i played Lord of the rings, Vampire, and many other rpgs, and i had a lot of ideas that i would love to be in a game.

Now I am on the phase when im recollecting ideas, thinking, looking for things that i dont like in other games, looking for things i love in my favourites rpgs, etc..

I want first to create the rules, and after that I will create a couple of ambiences using them. My plans are to make a system that can be used for medieval, old, future and almost every kind of ambience.

I will post here my thoughs about the game, and when i have some parts post them here.
Some general ideas that i will use for sure are :

* Experience divided by habilities. i dont like when in some game for example you won experience with sowrds, and when you gain a level, you can upgrade your archery skills.

* Habilities dividided in main Stat + hability. For example, if some character has strength 10 and no hability with hammers, (10+0)  he will be probably do more damage than other character with 2 of strength and 2 of hammers (2+2). but ill make more important the skill points of course.

* Damage and armor divided by zones. I also preffer that when you receive damage in one hand that damage counts only for the hand (appart from the pain) . I dont see much realistic that if someone hits you ten times in your hand , you can be killed (games with general damage points) instead of loose that hand.

These are some of my ideas, and with them and lots more i expect to create a realistic and fun game. HOpe you enjoy it when it's ready.

See entry in spanish

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario